Sunday, February 21, 2010

Scooby Doo Birthday Party

A few weeks ago I tried my hand at kids Birthday cakes again. My friend had me do two Scooby Doo cakes and matching cupcakes. It was a pretty crazy weeks and this is what turned out:
This was the first cake. I was in a time crunch to get this one done, as you can see. But I had fun. Its a vanilla cake with butter cream frosting. Everything was done with the Wilton star tip.



These are the cupcakes that were served with the cake below. Once again, Vanilla cake with butter cream frosting and Wilton Sparkle Gel for the swirls. The sparkle gel was the kids favorite part. The swirls were done with the 1M tip.





Then this was the final cake. I drew Scooby's head on with a toothpick and then filled it in with starts. The swirls are done in the sparkle gel and the border is also the star tip.

No comments: